Why I Do What I Do?
I am passionate about the intrinsic significance of every individual and the positive influence we can have on one another. We are all children of our creator, with amazing powers, gift and abilities. But I also understand that realising and living this can be friggin’ difficult!
About 25 years ago I had a kind of awakening. I heard my own inner call to adventure, to discover and live from my true self. So I left my corporate job to start my own business and follow the dream in my heart.
Part of me felt I was deluded and another part knew I was being courageous. But soon afterwards, the part of me that felt I was deluded took hold.
Instead of feeling really inspired, I wanted to give up before I had even started. I felt useless, insignificant and unwanted and found it hard to believe that anything I could do or say would really matter.
I thought I was crazy and should stop deluding myself and just die. But after a year of going round in circles, I chose to live and embarked on my heroic journey.
Step by step, fear by fear, decision by decision, little by little I have shown up, and today my life is very different – as am I.
I have become more of the man I always dreamed I could be.
After nearly 30 years of following my heart, this is what I am crazy enough to believe:
- That despite all appearances, love is the most powerful force in the universe.
- That we all matter, we are all significant and we are the ones we have been waiting for.
- That we all make a difference, and that the power to turn things around is within all of us.
- That we are here for an adventure and to help each other wake up and change the consciousness of this planet from fear to love.
- That each of us is amazing but that getting our amazingness out and sharing it with the world means facing layer after layer of fear and resistance.
- That each of us has come here to make a unique contribution, and that spiritually there is no competition.
- That there is an unlived life within each of us – a true life that is always trying to push itself into our consciousness, the life that love wants us to live rather than the one we’ve been programmed to live.
- That day by day we can get past our fear, our resistance, our unworthiness, our insignificance and our self-attack to show up in this world with the love of God and the gifts He gave us – to make us happier and brighten the world.
- That we can start to realise we are powerful co-creators of our life rather than a victim of circumstances – because we are the cause, we can be the change too.
- That it can be fun and inspiring, and that we are supposed to be happy and to enjoy ourselves while we’re here.
I am committed to the best of my ability to inspire, love, encourage and when necessary kick people up the bum to get them past their resistance and to show up in this world as who they truly are. I do this for these reasons:
- For love – the love of God, the love of each other, the love of life, the planet and the universe.
- For the love of the work we do and the gifts we bring and for the love of the sheer miracle of existence.
- To encourage you to listen to and follow that still small voice in your heart.
- To help you blossom into the person you are already in embryo so you can set the world on fire in your unique way.
- To help you get past all the fear and resistance and show up with what you have to share with life.
- To help you get past your resistance so you can show up as who you were born to be and what you were born to do – because I know that, left to our own devices, many of us will fall foul of our own resistance.
- To inspire you to remember who you are, why you are here, that you are significant, loved and loving.
- To remind you that the world needs you, that there are people literally waiting for you to show up and there are some people only you can reach.
I love what exists in the world because of what I do and who I have supported, inspired and encouraged.
That’s what I am dedicating my life to. And I want to help others who feel the call to do this too – to help save this wonderful world through the power of love.