Nick Williams and Helen Oldfield
When you run your own business, marketing can seem daunting. With so many activities falling under the marketing banner it can be tricky to know where to start. And for so many people, the idea of marketing at all conjures up ideas of obnoxious activities, needing to hype you and your work, or cold call people to try to persuade them they need what you do. But the good news is that marketing isn’t rocket science, it’s actually more of a creative journey, being authentic in what you do and say.
The journey starts with knowing who your idea clients are and how you best serve and support them, and which problems you help them solve and which aspirations you help them meet. When we can see marketing as acts of service rather than just sales and self-promotion, we create a whole new energy.
It is very different to be marketing what you were Born To do rather than selling a product or service that you are selling primarily for commercial purposes. Born To marketing isn’t about being manipulative, but is about being inspired, intelligent and passionate, and tapping in to your desire to contribute. Harness your feelings for your work and serving others in a clever, charming way and you will have the world at your feet.
Born to love marketing will enable you to get to grips with your marketing in an insightful, informative and authentic way. You’ll get an overview of the practical steps as well tips on how to access the creative marketer that lives inside of you.
- Start with the end in mind – who are your idea clients? What is your business structure? Creating a tribe and a community
- Create a niche that is an inch wide and mile deep
- Developing your key messages and your positioning
- What is your signature work that – what is it you want to be hired for or you want people to buy?
- Creating your story and communicating your messages and story through social media and the digital world
- What works best – marketing tips and advice