The old idea of leadership as having a position, that we are appointed, anointed or voted to, and the having power over people to make things happen.
In this book, I suggest the idea that inspired leadership is a moment by moment activity that we can all offer whether we have a position of leadership or not. It is about the incredible power that we can each can have with each other, not over each other. This happens most powerfully when we step out from behind our roles and share our humanness too. But most of know that we often hit significant internal resistance to authentically showing up.
The big idea of the book
The world is in need of new types of leadership, enabling people who see their primary job is to inspire and draw out the best work from people. Inspired leaders generously engage and serve, and aim to draw out the best in themselves and others, so everyone can win. Indeed, I like to think that every act of inspiration, creativity and love is an act of leadership.
Key messages of the book:
- The primary job of a leader is to inspire so we need to keep ourselves inspired
- The most powerful leadership asks, “How can I help you do your best work?”
- All great leadership starts with self-leadership
- The best leadership flows from being more of yourself, not creating a role or a self-image
Who did I write the book for?:
I wrote this book for you if you have a desire to inspire and uplift and make things better. You may be a leader, entrepreneur, visionary, trailblazer or employee who wants to offer leadership to the people you care about. You love to show up and contribute. I tend to work with leaders of projects – CEO’s, MD’s and entrepreneurs in creative areas.
The “Cover blurb”
- Do you love the idea of leadership being about enabling the best in yourself and others?
- Do you feel a call to offer leadership, even though you don’t have a position of leadership?
- Do you have a hunger for leadership that is more inspiring and life-affirming?
- Do you love exploring the incredible power that you can each can have with people, rather than over them?
In this ground-breaking book, Nick Williams suggests that inspired leadership is an activity that you can offer, moment by moment, whether you have a position of leadership or not. Your inspired leadership isn’t just about creating compliance, it is about creating engagement and liberating talent. This happens most powerfully when you step out from behind your roles and share your humanness too. He shares how you can overcome your internal resistance to authentically show up in your leadership. This book is for you if you have a desire to inspire and uplift and make the world a little better. You may be a leader, entrepreneur, visionary, trailblazer or employee who wants to offer inspired leadership to the people you care about. In four parts, Nick helps you explore the different facets of your power, and how to unwrap more of your latent creative and leadership gifts.
How I have structured the book
I have divided the book in to four parts, with three chapters in each other. Each section and each chapter looks at a different facet of the power that each we each have:
Part One: Your Power to Collaborate with Inspiration
1. Your Power to Hear Inspiration
2. Your Power to Free Up Inspiration
3. Your Power to Commission and Produce Yourself
Part Two: Your Power to Overcome Resistance
4. Your Power to Understand Resistance
5. Your Power to Come Out of the Shadows
6. Your Power to Beat Resistance
Part Three: Your Power to Show Up
7. Your Power to Show Up in Your Brilliance and Grandeur
8. Your Power to Be Open
9. Your Power to Own Your Shadow
Part Four: Your Power to Lead
10. Your Power to Create Your Signature Work and Unique Brand of Leadership
11. Your Power of Devotion
12. Your Power to Offer Inspired Leadership
The book is officially published at the end of April 2019.
Nick Williams is a leadership guide with twenty years of coaching leaders and offering his own leadership. He is the author of sixteen books, several best sellers, been part of hundreds of media features and has been invited to give inspirational in 17 countries so far, and many within household names companies.
You can order your copy now – it costs £11 including postage anywhere in the world.
You can download chapter one as gift immediately.
I am launching the book in collaboration with Alternatives on April 28th 2019, and you receive a book as a gift when you attend. Click here for the full details