How to show up clearly, powerfully and inspiringly to pass on your wisdom, insight and experience
“Your messages, clearly and powerfully delivered, inspire new thinking, awaken greater possibilities, open hearts and engage people. Your love, wisdom and insights, authentically expressed, can have an impact you can barely imagine.”
You know you have a calling, ideas and messages that inspire people, and enable them to grow and transform, and make this world better as you deliver them clearly and powerfully. You are the answer to some people’s prayers. You love fostering the growth and happiness of others.
But when your inspirational leadership messages and ideas don’t reach people the people that need to receive them, you lose out, they lose out and the world is poorer. Either you don’t show up at all or don’t show up with the power and clarity that is within you but yet to fully emerge.
Are you a leader, coach, consultant or thought leader and experiencing any of these?
- You know you have accumulated experience and expertise, insight and understanding
- You feel a call to inspire, and to share and pass your wisdom and insight
- You want to be the cause of further inspiration in the world
- You have been through some personal challenges and problems and have triumphed over, that you are OK being open about, and now see a greater life for you and others
- You know in your heart that there is a new and better world waiting to be born and want to play your part in making the world a little better by passing on your wisdom
How you want to show up
- You want to know how to craft, structure and package your expertise and deliver them as talks, books, products or trainings
- You want to find the courage and confidence to show up to deliver and inspire
- You want to feel inspired and fulfilled by the impact you are having and the lives you are touching
- You want the feeling of being aligned and knowing that you know you are doing what you are on earth to do
- You want to reach more people with what you already know
- You want to leverage how you operate – make the most impact and income from your activities
The problems you often end up experiencing are:
- You are feeling frustrated, even overwhelmed, as you go around in circles and not knowing where or how to start!
- You question, “Who am I to?” and what qualifies you to show up with your own flavour of leadership
- You underestimate the value of your skills and experience
- You find it hard to focus and produce your own messages
- You lack confidence and can feel helpless
- You struggle to find you can unique and clear messages
- You try to convey everything, but can end up conveying very little
- You find it hard to distil down what you know
- You don’t see the power of your own messages and the resonance they have beyond you
- You know you have many pieces of the jigsaw of you but don’t know how to pull them together into your powerful and cohesive brand
- You feel a terror about showing up and going public with your messages and dealing with people’s responses
There are some thresholds you cannot cross alone
It is hard to achieve clarity yourself. You often can’t see the power and relevance of your own messages. Recurrently I see these attempts lead to going around in circles, frustration and being tough on yourself, even wanting to give up completely. Your own experience and expertise can even end up feeling like a burden rather than a blessing. The more experience you accumulate, the harder it can seem to get to the heart of what you have to say.
Here is what other people like you have experienced through The Messages You Were Born To Share programme: CLICK HERE
This is why I created The Messages You Were Born To Share programme – to enable you to access the power, the high-level clarity and the courage to show up with your messages and ideas. I believe that your power and clarity exist in you, right now. You may need some help to access them and draw them out and you may need some encouragement to show up with your unique voice and your courageous heart.
When I was 8 years old, I told my family, and anyone else who would listen, that I wanted to write a book one day. That “one day” was going to be thirty years away! It took me to the age of 38 to work through all my own fears and self-sabotaging behaviour to actually get clear and brave enough to honour my calling and start writing that book. I had massive doubts that anyone would be interested in what I had to say. And yet, when The Work We Were Born To Do was published in 1999, it became a best-seller and has since helped thousands of people around the world find greater happiness and fulfilment on their work, businesses and leadership. I have gone on to blossom into being an international speaker, and an inspirational leadership guide, broadcaster and been invited to work with many household name companies. And I have written sixteen further books so far.
But the idea of The Work We Were Born To Do could have so easily stayed in my head, or the book stayed on my hard-drive. Instead I managed to find the courage to actually show up, in the face of the many harsh critical voices in my mind, and learn how to structure my messages and ideas into a readable book, and find the courage in my own heart.
Over the last twenty years, I have had the privilege of collaborating with and fostering the growth of thousands of other people to trust their calling, see their power, show up with their voice of inspiration, and to get past their inner resistance and doubts. I have encouraged and guided them to show up inspiringly and powerfully with their ideas, books, talks, blogs, articles, videos and business ideas. The world is so much richer for them showing up.
I have come to know this territory quite intimately.
It still hurts me when I witness people holding themselves back from blossoming with their calling. I know that pain very well myself. I still experience it as a privilege to help someone to show up in ways that they may not have managed on their own.
Your clarity is in you, and needs help to come to the surface
I assume that part of you is already clear and powerful, but your own “interference” may inhibit you seeing and structuring your clarity. I assume it wants to surface, so I have developed skills to help you surface and capture your own clarity.
Once we have captured your clarity, I help you edit, distil, craft and structure that clarity into tangible articles, talks, books, workshops and trainings that you can deliver to your people.
Then I support and encourage you to show up inspiringly and powerfully.
The four projects I can help you with
Hundreds of people have already asked me to help them get clear, structure their messages and courageously show up to offer them as talks, workshops, books, trainings and films. Presently, I do this work with you 1:1.
- I help you see clearly what you are saying
- I help you see the power in what you are saying that have a resonance
- I help with your skills of distilling, editing, articulating your messages
- I help you craft and structure your messages into forms that you can deliver to the world
- I help you expand how you see yourself, so you can show up in your power and strength in ways that feel natural to you
The four specific offerings currently are:
1. Surface and clarify your Signature Messages
– these are the heart of your power as a messenger – these messages are what you can speak about, write about, coach and teach about. All else flows from your initial clear messages.
For when you:
- Have accumulated a body of experience and insight, but feel confused, even overwhelmed by what you know and can’t see it clearly yourself.
- You are unclear whether there will be any power and resonance with what you might have to say.
- You crave some help to see yourself clearly, and to edit and distil down your leadership messages
- You just don’t know where to start
Clear tangible outcomes:
- Clarity about your high-level idea and what you are taking a stand for
- Distil your big idea to its essence
- Surface your 6 to 10 unique and powerful key leadership messages
- My spoken and written feedback on the power, coherence, resonance and relevance of your messages
2. Design you Signature Talk
– how you craft your key leadership messages into a powerful and inspiring 30-minute talk that you are inspired to create opportunities for and to actually deliver
For when you:
- You want to deliver your messages as a powerful and inspiring 30-minute talk
Clear tangible outcomes:
- Craft your messages into a powerful structure – a title, a sub-title and six clear tangible outcomes/takeaways for your audiences
- Plan how you’ll actually deliver the talk you have designed
3. Design The Book You Were Born To Write
–when you have had an idea for a book and a dream to write a book, share your ideas and messages to inspire your clients and demonstrate your authority
For when you:
- You have some clarity about your messages and want to structure them in to your book
Clear tangible outcomes:
- Clarify the messages your book is to deliver
- Draw out your title and sub-title
- Articulate your ideal reader
- Create your chapter structure
- Write your cover “blurb”
4. The Brand You Were Born To Create
– You showing up in the world at your most inspired, inspiring and capable. Your powerful and coherent brand is you at your best, delivering the work you were born to do as your powerful Signature Work, being consistently hired for what you most love doing and what you know powerfully serves people.
For when you:
- You have had achieved success over at least a decade
- You know you are good at some things, but you are not quite sure precisely where your brilliance lies.
- You want to be clear and aware of what you at your best looks like and create your brand around it
Clear tangible outcomes:
- Dive in to the seven elements of your brand and get clarity on each pillar
- Draw all the elements of you and your experience into a powerful and cohesive whole that
Why am I able to be your guide?
- I have been immersed in the area of growth for three decades and care deeply about personal and spiritual growth
- I know a lot about both content and structure of messages
- I have a deep belief that the world is better for you showing up inspiringly
- I know this territory intimately as I have written 17 of my books so far, created hundreds of articles, blogs, videos, social media posts, talks, live events and media interviews
- I care about you getting your messages out and being a cause of inspiration and that you love being a messenger
- I have developed gifts to help me see clearly what is that the heart of what you are saying and then how to help you craft and structure your messages
- I have been through many highs and lows in my own life and have compassion for you and your experiences, so I bring a lot of heart to our work
- I am both validating and encouraging, and also wiling to be firm to keep you on track and focused
- I bring a lot of “how to” and skillfulness to supporting you
- It is my joy to help foster the growth and blossoming of your unique flavor of inspired leadership and show up in the world in your power and with your unique gifts
However good we already are, there is always more clarity and power on offer
My friend Liz has been an “untold” story behind the success of Downton Abbey. Whether or not you are a fan, its success as the most successful costume drama ever on TV is self-evident. And an important part of its success is down to Liz’s unique leadership style of consciously drawing the best out of everyone on set, whether they are in front or behind the camera. When I asked her, she had some idea of what she did that contributed to its success, but she wasn’t fully aware. So we worked together to take a deep dive in to her leadership style and becoming more aware of what she did that worked so successfully.
And this is how she described the process:
“I am so grateful to you for enabling me to articulate what it is I’m about and what I strive to be in the workplace and in life in general. You’ve shone a light on my modus-operandi and it will serve as a reminder of how I want to show up in the world when it’s all too easy to forget. I am so incredibly touched by the amount of work and thought you put into the Leadership Synopsis…I felt humbled reading it and was also tingling all over. You have captured the essence of what I believe and you have done so beautifully.“
Liz Trubridge, BAFTA and Golden Globe winning Executive Producer of all six series of Downton Abbey and the upcoming film
What to do next – let’s talk!
If you could do with my help getting to the essence of your messages, seeing them clearly and then crafting them into your talk, book, programme or brand, the next step is for us to have an exploratory conversation to ensure that I think I can help you and to establish that we are inspired to work together.
On the basis of that conversation, I can make a clear proposal to you and you can make a clear and informed decision.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org